Digimon 4 Ever Forum

Hey, Welcome to the Digimon 4 Ever Forum! We are a ever-growing community dedicated to all things Digimon! Register an account today to chat and discuss Digimon with, well, Digimon fans! Or, if you already have an account, log in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Digimon 4 Ever Forum

Hey, Welcome to the Digimon 4 Ever Forum! We are a ever-growing community dedicated to all things Digimon! Register an account today to chat and discuss Digimon with, well, Digimon fans! Or, if you already have an account, log in!

Digimon 4 Ever Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon4Ever.com's Official Forum

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» a new way on old roleplay
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 pm by Digijere

» What's your favorite Season?
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am by xon123

» DW3 Tamer Type
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 am by yokufire5

» Digimon Fusion episode discussion
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:00 pm by SSJX

» Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:53 pm by cman10800

» Digimon Fusion to air on Nick this year
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 pm by SSJX

» my character
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:32 pm by yokufire5

» What Pet Are You Raising?
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 pm by SSJX

» nicktoons gots somthing
Digimon Fusion episode discussion  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm by 123agumon

Digimon Fusion episode discussion

SSJX
    SSJX
    Fresh
    Fresh

My Digimon Pet : Agumon

Digimon Fusion episode discussion  Empty Digimon Fusion episode discussion

Post  SSJX Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:26 am

Possible sticky thread? The series starts in three days.

Although the dub won't be anywhere as good as the original, I'm still excited to watch the series once again.
    SSJX
    SSJX
    Fresh
    Fresh

My Digimon Pet : Agumon

Digimon Fusion episode discussion  Empty Re: Digimon Fusion episode discussion

Post  SSJX Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Here's what I thought of the dub.

1. There weren't many jokes, which is good. But of course this is the first episode and there isn't much to work with to make jokes. Everything else seemed in a serious tone, which I like. The script seems to be translated very decently and is much better than what I expected. Even the choreography and its lines are close to the original. Like the mysterious voice that tells Taiki to use the Fusion Loader.
    2. The theme song was changed (obviously) but didn't go the "Digimon are the champions" route and kept the same song from the first trailer. Too much autotune, though. The song is decent, but the original is better. But if they were going for the whole "friendship and believing in each other is key to victory" I don't know why they didn't dub "Never Give Up" since that song is the embodiment of that. They could've got Vic Mignogna to dub the song since he's in the voice cast and a singer. He sung the dub song for DBZ Kai, which is closely translated to the original. The same goes with "We Are Xros Heart" and its absentness. With songs about friendship, you think they would include them in a cartoon that's aimed towards kids. You have singers in your cast, Saban, why do you miss opportunities like this? And speaking of the opening sequence, they clipped together scenes from episodes and the second intro, and revealed spoilers because of it. Which is mostly expected, but there isn't much to work with for arc two's opening. Shoutmon's forms came as surprises for us that watched the original.
    3. The voices are pretty well. The ones I don't like are Ballistamon and Starmon's voices. Ballistamon sounds noble and not like a bug while Starmon sounds like elvis.
    4. Most dubbed attack names are handled decently. Dub character names are also handled decently, as the dub names come close to the original's names and Saban did keep some of the original's names.
    5. There are editing mistakes. Angie carried Mikey's backpack, but it has the name "Taiki" on it. "Never Give Up" is also on a banner during the basketball scene. Once again, why wasn't the song dubbed? The banner is only there in the original because of the song and having it in the dub makes no sense because they didn't include the song.
    6. There is one hilarious line Angie makes, but I shouldn't repeat it. My eyes bugged out as I chuckled during that line.
    7. During episode 2's preview, they did call the whole war in the Digital World as the "Digimon Fusion Wars" so I'm glad they're giving a shout out to the original series' title.

If I were to grade the dub on its own I'd give it a 8 out of 10. But compared to the original I'll give it a 6 out of 10.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 am